Chakchai So-In, Ph.D., (H-index = 30)
Professor of Computer Science
IEEE/ACM Senior Members
Applied Network Technology (ANT), Department of Computer Science, College of Computing, Khon Kaen University
Address: 123 Mitaparb Rd., Naimuang, Muang, Khon Kaen, 40002 Thailand
Email: [chakso (at) kku.ac.th]; [so-in (at) ieee.org]; [chakchai (at) acm.org]
Current Research: Computer Network/Internet, Wireless/Mobile Networks, IoT, Cyber Security, Applied AI
- [News] Technical Program (TP) Co-Chairs: Wimob 2024 The 20th International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications
- Recruiting New Ph.D. and Master students - Full Scholarship (Tuition + Living expense)
- [Papers] Journal: S. Phoemphon, N. Leelathakul, and C. So-In, "An enhanced node segmentation and distance estimation scheme with improved PSO for obstacle-aware wireless sensor network localization," Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 221, 103783, January 2024. (SCI-E/ISI) (IF=8.7)
- [Papers] Conference: @INFOCOM 2023: K. Chitavisutthivong, C. So-In, and S. Supittayapornpong, "Designing Optimal Compact Oblivious Routing for Datacenter Networks in Polynomial Time," in Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2023), Dec. 2022.
Note: Click here for complete list of awards
Note: Click here for complete list of News Archive
Course Projects, Tools, and Testbeds:
- Grant from Fundamental Fund National Research Council of Thailand (NRCT) 2022-2023.
- Grant from Research Industry 2021-2023.
"Throughput Optimization for NOMA Energy Harvesting Cognitive Radio with Multi-UAV-Assisted Relaying under Security Constraints," IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking, Nov. 2022. (IF=6.359)
Note: Click here for complete list of research grants
- [J] S. Phoemphon, N. Leelathakul, and C. So-In, "An enhanced node segmentation and distance estimation scheme with improved PSO for obstacle-aware wireless sensor network localization," Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 221, 103783, January 2024. (IF=8.7)
- [J] V-H. D., L-M-D. Nguyen, V. N. Vo, H. Tran, T. D. Ho, C. So-In, and S. Sanguanpong "Throughput Optimization for NOMA Energy Harvesting Cognitive Radio with Multi-UAV-Assisted Relaying under Security Constraints," IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 82-98, 2023. (IF=6.359)
- [J] P. Musikawan, Y. Kongsorot, P. Muneesawang, C. So-In, "An Enhanced Obstacle-Aware Deployment Scheme with an Opposition-based Competitive Swarm Optimizer for Mobile WSNs," Expert System With Application (ESWA), vol. 189, 116035, March 2022. (IF=6.954)
- [J] T. G. Nguyen, T. P. Van, D. Hoang, T. N. Nguyen, and C. So-In, "Federated Deep Reinforcement Learning for Traffic Monitoring in SDN-Based IoT Networks," IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1048-1065, Dec. 2021. (IF=4.341)
- [J] S. Phoemphon, C. So-In, and N. Leelathakul, "A Hybrid Localization Model using Node Segmentation and Improved Particle Swarm Optimization with Obstacle-awareness for Wireless Sensor Networks," Expert System With Application (ESWA), vol. 143, April 2020. (IF=5.452)
Note: Click here for complete lists of Journals/Proceedings publications
Note: Click here for complete lists of book publications
- IEEE Access (Computer and Information Science ISI/WOS) IF=3.745; 2019-Present
- PLOS ONE (Computer and Information Science ISI/WOS) IF=3.24; 2019-Present
- Wireless Networks (ISI/WOS) IF=2.602; 2022-Present
- WCMC (Wireless and Mobile Computing ISI/WOS) IF=2.336; 2021-Present
- PeerJ (Computer Science ISI/WOS) IF=1.39; 2014-Present (Section Editor)
- ECTI TRANSACTIONS ON COMPUTER AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (ECTI-CIT Scopus); 2016-Present
General Chair/Program Chair/Technical Program Chair/Co-Chairs:
- The 20th International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (Wimob 2024), 2024
- International Conference on Smart Trends for Information Technology and Computer Communications (SmartCom), 2019-Present
- International Conference on Knowledge and Smart Technology (KST), 2020-Present
- International Joint Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering (JCSSE), 2018-Present
- International Computer Science and Engineering Conference (ICSEC), 2021-Present
- Transactions/Journals = IEEE, ACM, Elsevier, Springer, Wiley, IET, Inderscience, IEICE, ETRI, etc.
- Conferences = IEEE, ACM, Springer, etc.
- IEEE: Vice Chair on IEEE Thailand (Computer Society Chapter)
Note: Click here for complete list of services
- To apply in Master and/or Ph.D. programs at the Department of Computer Sciences at Khon Khan University, please check the graduate information web page at https://computing.kku.ac.th/content/branch/42 for the steps of the application process. Due to the high volume of messages and/or limitation of funding resource, I may not be able to respond to e-mail from all applicants or evaluate their chances of securing admission or assistantships.
- Recruiting New Ph.D. and Master students - Full Scholarship (Tuition + Living expense); also visit the active recruitment https://activerecruit.kku.ac.th/
- Zsou Sun (Ph.D.): IoT: Tiny Machine Learning (2023/1-Present); Co-Adviser: Dr. Yanika Kongsorot + Dr. Phet Imtongkhum @KKU.AC.TH
- Joydev Ghosh (Ph.D.): VANET and IoT: Architecture Optimization (2022/2-Present)
= "A Novel Transceiver and an Asynchronous Mode for the Hybrid Multiple-Access HetNet Architecture," IEEE Access, November 2023.
- Chatchai Poonriboon (Ph.D.): Wireless Sensor Networks: Routing and Planning (2019/1-Present); Co-Adviser: Dr. Nutthanon Leelathakul @BUU.AC.TH
= "Fuzzy Logic-Based Path Planning for Data Gathering Mobile Sinks in WSNs," IEEE Access, June 2021.
= "A Heuristic-Based Efficient Path Planning Scheme for Data Gathering WSNs Using Mobile Sinks," ICSEC, Aug. 2021.
- Chinapat Sakunrasrisuay (Ph.D.): Internet of Things: Smart Farm - Automation and Recognition (2020/1-Present); Co-Adviser: Dr. Pakarat Musikawan @KKU.AC.TH
= "Tomato Maturity Classification: A Transfer Learning Approach," ICSEC, Nov. 2021.
- Titaya Sriwuttisap (MSc.): Wireless Sensor Networks/ Internet of Things: Security (2020/1-Present)
- Co-Adviser: Chenset Kim (MSc.): Internet of Things: Attacks (2021/1-Present); Main-Adviser: Dr. Phet Imtongkhum @KKU.AC.TH
- Rommanee Thumsit and Apipath Kamput: Wash Car (IoT)
- Pongsakorn Kamprom and Nakarin Praipaisan: Pollen Cannabis Scope (IoT)
- Pawina Chapanya and Chartaporn Jullasri: Phishing Detection
- Pongsatorn Rajchaplan and Theerasak Duangdaopharam: Ransomeware Detection using ML
- Weerachit Chaiwongkhom and Kanokpron Rodsomjit: Cannabis Indoor
- Chidchanok Prayoonchan and Sudarat Amoad: Sewage Treatment Vessel (IoT)
- Seksan Phonwiset and Nattharida Rasri: DDoS Attack Testbed
Note: Click here for complete list of students
- Prof. Raj Jain @CSE-WUSTL, Prof. Sergey Gorinsky @IMDEA Networks, Prof. Surasak Sanguanpong @CPE-KU
PhD commitee members:
- Prof. Paul Min @ESE-WUSTL, Prof. Yixin Chen @CSE-WUSTL, Prof. Viktor Gruev @ESE-ILLINOIS, Prof. Robert Pless @CS-GWU, Dr. Shyam Pakreh @Bell Labs
Past PhD Students/PostDoc:
Heng Sovannarith (Royal University of Phnom Penh),
Pakarat Musikawan (Khon Kaen University),
Yanika Kongsorot (Khon Kaen University),
Nhat Nguyen Anh (FPT University),
Phet Imtongkhum (Khon Kaen University),
Songyut Phoemphon (Suranaree University of Technology),
Vo Nhan Van (Duy Tan University),
Tri Gia Nguyen (FPT University Danang),
Kanokmon Rujirakul (Nakhon Ratchasima Rajabhat University)
Last updated May 2023
Copyright © 1999-2023 Chakchai So-In, Ph.D. All rights reserved.